I love pencils like most of my readers. Unfortunately, these writing tools are gradually losing their place in our life because we don’t write too often and prefer typing. In fact, standard wooden pencils can be useful for many tasks besides writing. They help us make creative things and can offer quite unusual and fun uses. In this post, you’ll discover 10 ways to use a pencil other than writing.
How You Can Use a Pencil Besides Writing: Useful Tips
What are some ways to use this writing tool in a non-traditional manner? The selection below doesn’t include typical ways of its utilization but non-standard ones.
If you have no measuring tools around you, a pencil will be a saver. It can also be used as a ruler to draw a straight line.
Use As a Bookmark
Mark a page in the book you are reading. It is not quite convenient but acceptable if there is nothing within easy reach to place instead.
As a Support for the Plant
A pencil can be used as a stake to support young plants while they grow and gain strength. Use a sharpened writing instrument of green color to make it the least noticeable. Poke it in the ground in front of your seedlings since small plants need a friend to lean on.
You can also write the names of the plants on the pencils. Afterward, you can remove and save them for other plants.
Roll Up the Tube of Toothpaste
A pencil can be used to roll out the last drops of a toothpaste/cream tube or else. Take a shortened tool to squeeze the tube and make sure you haven’t wasted a drop.
Use a Pencil to Insert a New Key into the Lock
If you have problems with your door lock and don’t have time to consult a locksmith, try the following method. The pencil lead works as a dry lubricant and can be useful at loosening sticky door locks. Using a knife, remove or whittle a wooden part until you have access to the pencil core of at least 1 inch long. Insert the lead into the keyway and move it inside. Keep wiggling it.
Don’t worry if the lead breaks; anyway, it should end up in powder form. Insert the key and break the graphite further. Remove it a few times. After you test the key, it should unlock the door. If it doesn’t work, add more graphite and start the process again.
Fun Things to Do with a Pencil
How would you answer if one of your interview questions was, “What can you do with a pencil aside from drawing and writing?” Here are some ways of using this medium with fun. These answers will improve your mood and make you smile. Brighten your day with any of these activities!
Put Your Hair Up with a Pencil
Those who have long hair can learn how to put up hair with a pencil. If you want to keep your hair out of your face and have no hair ties or pins, a pencil can serve as a hair holder.
Twist your hair into a bun and stick a writing instrument through the bun. It will secure your hairdo in place.
To look cooler, use colored pencils or those with a funny design. You can also part your hair using this medium.
Pencils Like Improvised Drum Sticks
To practice your beats and rhythm, take 2 unsharpened tools and use their eraser ends. Plastic food containers can serve as drums. Synchronize and repeat daily for better results.
Cats cannot resist watching a pencil in motion. You may have noticed it if you accidentally dropped this tool on the floor. Even a still pencil can be a good alternative to a cat toy. You can tie a string to a medium and hang it for pets to play with. To make the toy fun, tie several strings. Your cat is guaranteed to play with them for hours without getting addicted.
Use these drawing instruments as chopsticks. It is better not to sharpen them to avoid accidents.
Create Art Object
Pencils can be used to create various art objects:
- Use shavings left from colored media to make a nice picture, gluing them to paper.
- If you want your old car to turn lots of heads as you drive down the street, it is time to restyle it using colored pencils. Glue them to your car in any pattern to make it look unique.
- Use the writing instruments to make an office-supply Christmas tree or other festive ornaments and shapes. You can also dip the media in glue and glitter and hang them as an icicle ornament.
- Make a wooden toy house from these media by gluing them. Stack them together in the shape of a house. Build windows and doors and paint them.
- Glue pencils to a placemat, arranging them in unique shapes and designs. Use this mat to put under planters or pots.
- Make a pencil holder for your desk by gluing colored media around a metal can to retain shape. Remove the can when the glue dries.
- Make coasters for cold and hot drinks. Cut colored pencils into small pieces of the same height and glue them together. Choose color schemes up to your taste.
- Save old writing tools and make a picture frame. Trim them at the same length and glue them to a regular frame to add a new look.
Tell me about other cool things to do with these writing instruments.
Every year, Americans throw away millions of pencils. That’s quite a lot. It sounds sad because most of them can be repurposed. Just be creative and use your imagination. Utilize them for crafts or start an inside or outside art project. I hope that these ideas will help you recycle these writing tools instead of making them trash.
Follow me on social networks to be the first to read my new reviews. Sincerely yours, Yuliya Skryp.
- Write 10 Uses of Pencil but Not Related to Writing, Drawing, Sketching, Painting, Etc Which Are Usual? – https://www.quora.com/
- Can You Tell Me What You Could Do with a Pencil Other Than Write? – https://www.quora.com/
- What Are 10 Things You Can Do with a Pencil Besides Write? Take Your Best Shot. – https://www.reddit.com/
- Tell Me 10 Ways to You Use a Pencil Other Than Writing? – https://answers.yahoo.com/