Are you currently in search of pen or pencil sets? Then you might be interested in this article. There were more than 40 hours spent in defining the most popular sets among pens and pencils. There is no unnecessary information here, only what will help you find out which set would be perfect for your needs.
Top Rated Pen and Pencils Sets
Monroe 18krt Gold Plated: Best Custom Set
You should take a look at the top-rated customizable Monroe 18krt Gold Plated set which is made of real 18 karat gold, and what strikes more – the name of the owner can be engraved on the body of the pen and pencil. Isn’t it the best present ever? In addition, gold has always been an index of wealth and higher status, thus the owner will be doubly thrilled.
The set comes in a velvet case and consists of two items: a pen and a pencil. Both of the items are held by a strap. In fact, the user can also choose another color set if gold is not what they want.
The bodies of the pen and pencil don’t have any difference in their look, except the lead holder on the pencil tip. Both of them have also rubber grips for better grasp and prevent from slipping.
- The engraving is very thoroughly made, and the letters are beautiful
- The set comes in an irresistible velvet case
- Utensils are quite heavy
- Sometimes the pen doesn’t work well: it breaks and ink runs out
- The letter limit for engraving does not allow engraving long names
Woodmark Rosewood: Great for Gift
Don’t know what to present your boss or your dearest friend? The Woodmark Rosewood would be a great set for a gift. As with the previous set, the items of this set can be also engraved, and the case where the instruments come in can also be engraved with the name of the owner or a message. By the way, it can be in any language you wish.
All the items: case, pen, and pencil have a body made of real wood. The thickness of the ink lead is 0.9mm, but pay attention that this pen comes with black ink only. However, the owner can always replace it with blue ink, thanks to the Cross type refill.
- Pen and pencil look gorgeous and unusual, which attract people’s attention
- Engraving is beautiful
- Pen and pencil have nice shapes and lay down in the palm very good
- Case doesn’t hold items tightly, thus they rattle around the holder and produce noise
- The pencil lead doesn’t come out easily
Dayspring Pens: Engraved Pen and Pencil Set
The Dayspring Pens set is a wonderful present, especially if it is dedicated to a person who is graduating from a university or a college. The kit consists of two tools: a pen and a mechanical pencil that come in a beautiful box with individual slots.
The distinguishing thing about them is that the metal details are covered with the 18k gold finish. Another thing is that their bodies have an etching. In fact, it is absolutely customizable, so when you order it, you can select the font from 3 available ones. Unfortunately, the etching length is limited to 25 characters, but it’s enough to write the name of the owner-to-be.
As for comfortability of usage, there is a rubber insertion so fingers don’t get callosities or tired. The thickness of the pen is 0.1mm, the pencil is 0.7mm – so they are perfect for those who have delicate handwriting.
- They are comfortable to hold for a long time
- They have a stunning appearance
- There is no eraser in a pencil
Pentel Libretto Set: Perfect for Writing
The Pentel Libretto Roller can’t be neglected by anyone, as the design from box to the tip of the pen is perfectly constructed and looks gorgeous. In fact, designers have bet on classic colors: stylish black body and silver details, and you can ensure yourself – they were right! The luxurious look is boosted by a case with red lining. The user can choose between black, cream, and silver.
Besides all those wonderful design properties – the Pentel Libretto set provides an amazing experience to its user, thus they deserve to be called the best for writing. This can be achieved by a well-balanced and centered body of the writing tool, which provides smooth gliding on paper.
- These contain real chrome details
- The tools are quite heavy, which shows it is a high quality product
- Thin body is perfect for light-touch handwriting
- The tools are not lashed in the case, so they rattle while transporting
- The body gets scratches very easy
Zebra M/F 301: Most Durable Set
The Zebra M/F 301 is a wonderful set for anyone, thanks to its universal look and materials (made of stainless steel). In addition, this material might make this set the most durable and resistant to various destructive factors. Surprisingly, stainless barrel doesn’t influence the item’s weight, thus products stay quite light-weight.
Except their good-looking barrel, both items are equipped with metal clips to hold them in pockets and grips which prevent them from slipping from the hand.
The pen comes with a 0.7 mm black ink lead and pencil – with 0.5 mm lead, both of them are replaceable and work nicely.
All these properties are perfect for using this set at college and even signing important documents at meetings – they won’t make you embarrassed to use in front of even to discriminating colleagues.
- The items of this set work nicely and leave precise lines
- Pencil works smoothly and leaves no residue
- They are comfortable for holding, even for a long time – they don’t make the hand cramp
- Clips are held with a plastic holder, which is not durable and breaks often
- Utensils are pretty short, thus they would be uncomfortable for someone with big hands
- The set comes without a case
Classic Century Lustrous: Good for Men
This elegant and laconic set “Classic Century Lustrous” is a great for men. As usual, this lot also consists of a cool ballpoint pen and a mechanical pencil. As additional evidence, but moderately muted, this luxurious product has a case with a soft bed for the tools inside.
Both of items are made of polished chrome with conical tips, and the barrels are very slim which adds charm to the utensils.
The manufacturer has taken into account the possibility that the user might want to have a variety of colors. And this brand stands for quality, thus the manufacturer provides a warranty for mechanical parts which is equal to a lifetime.
- Writing performance is nice
- Tools appearance and feeling are wonderful
- These products are made in China
- Pre-installed ink lead runs very fast
Parker Jotter: Best Stainless Set
Are you looking for the perfect stainless steel set of writing tools? You should take a look at the Parker Jotter set. These tools can be stunning for students to differentiate them among others. Additionally, the Parker Jotter durable and lifelasting cover will resist any damage and constant accidental falling down – this would be an amazing feature for everyone, especially if you are one of those who likes writing on your lap.
There are no excess details on the body of the pen nor the pencil, but they do look beautiful, despite the box they come in. The difference between the pen and the pencil is 3 lines on the cap Unfortunately, because of the box with plastic cover and a sticker on it, the Parker Jotter set is not appropriate for a gift.
- The tools are light-weight, thus they are comfortable to hold for a long time
- The pencil is sharp and very nice for drawing small details
- Cheap plastic case – it’s not suitable for gifts
- The ink cartridge which comes in a pen is not good and doesn’t work sometimes
Uni Jetstream 4&1: Perfect Japan Set
Japanese manufacturers are well-known for their high-quality products. Thus, lots of people want to find Japanese writing tools and sets. One of such samples, which definitely can’t be left out, is a Uni Jetstream 4&1.
First of all, the pen is not just one color. In fact, it has 4 colors simultaneously, and the ink cartridges are situated in a wider body. Each of them is 0.7mm in width. And what is more striking, the set already contains refill ink cartridges of each color.
The mechanical pencil is also distinguished! There is an innovative feature implemented in the Kugu Toga Advance pencil, which prevents breaking even the thinnest lead of 0.3 mm. Basically, there is a pipe which slides back gradually while the user writes something, and doesn’t allow the lead to break because of the high pressure on it.
The manufacturer really cares about its customers and put some extra erasers and pencil lead into a box with other stuff.
- The ink is water-resistant and lightfast
- The set comes with refills
- Some sets might miss refills
- Eraser is tiny
Christian Artgifts Hope: Best for Faithful
Another beautifully designed set in black and silver colors. All faithful people would admire this set since the case has imprinted words from the Bible and the word “Hope” on the body of pen and pencil. Besides the strict colors, there are graceful patterns in the middle of the body of each tool.
Both of the utensils provide smooth writing. In order to reveal the pen’s point – you need to open the cap, while the pencil user should twist the barrel to retract the lead.
- The set can be an inspirational gift
- Writing performance is wonderful
- The inscription is unchangeable and can be hardly read
- The written on a case is crooked
Parker Jotter Trio: Most Stylish Set
The last in this chart but not the least and even maybe the coolest is the Parker Jotter trio. In fact, there are two pens and one pencil which are gorgeous and different colors. Each of them can be used separately or in combination for different occasions. There is one more thing which makes this set different from the other samples – one pen uses gel ink.
- Design is gorgeous
- Set comprised of 3 items
- Tools are made in France
- These tools can be pretty small for people with big hands and for holding for long periods of time
- They are quite light-weight for being made of stainless steel
Rose&Wood GFWPP: Recommended for Office
In fact, there is one set which is made of real wood in this review; however, the Rose&Wood GFWPP deserves to be in this chart, too. This pretty set comes in a wooden case, which holds the inner items tightly. In addition, the case can serve as a holder for a pen on a table. Thus, it would be a perfect match for the office.
The tools are also made of real wood and perform a nice writing experience. Furthermore, the pencils are equipped with innovative mechanisms which hold the lead firmly without sliding it back inside.
- Both pencil and pen work nicely
- Reasonably low price
- The tools are flimsy and very difficult to use
- The wooden case has only one hole-holder instead of two
- They are produced in China
Guide for Pencil and Pen Set
No matter who you want to buy a set for, every purchase has to be pleasant and worth the time and money spent. Thus, hopefully, this guide of how to choose the best pen and pencil set will be helpful to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Potential users always have doubts about their decision, thus, in order to dispel any doubts, reviewers always publish an FAQ (frequently asked questions) and answers to them. Some of them are: what are the best brands, which of them are nice for gifts, and what are the differences between them. Go on reading in order to discover answers to those questions and even more.
Is Pencil and Pen Set Good Gift?
Pencil and pen are really nice gifts 🎁, especially for students or people who are starting a new role at a new workplace.
What Kind of Pen 🖊 Is Better in Set?
In fact there is no common answer to this question since everyone has their own preferences and requirements. Mostly, manufacturers produce sets with ballpoint pens, but fountain and gel ink are also common. So don’t be afraid of choosing what you like, but do read reviews first.
What Brand of Pen and Pencil Set Should I Choose?
There are a variety of brands which are worth the customer’s attention and provide good quality for reasonable price. So first of all, you should take a look at all of them and choose the one which you like most. Pay attention 👀 to additional features you prefer, e.g. the Monroe 18kt might be engraved with names, or the Woodmark Rosewood is made of real wood.
Does It Make Sense to Have Pen and Pencil Set for Students 👨🎓?
For sure, students should have sets. Firstly, they always can be sure that the tool is theirs and the probability of losing tools is very low since finding it will be much easier, especially when it has the engraved name of its owner. Secondly, the set always makes you whip up keeping the tools in order. And finally, what can be better than having beautiful tools?
Every creation has its own history and weird facts which make people laugh or even shocked. Sets of pens and pencils are no exception, thus the following selection of interesting facts should be amusing for you.
- The brand “Pana Objects” has created a unique collection of stationery pieces including sets of pens and pencils designed as cute pastries.
- The reason for the invention of the ballpoint pen as the leakage of fountain pens while lowering atmospheric pressure. As for pencils, believe it or not, something similar to mechanical pencils appeared more than 5 centuries ago: instruments with a wooden holder for replaceable graphite.
- There is an international holiday for pens and pencils on the 27th of April.
- There is only one pen per one document used by the President of the USA.
- Trusted brands of pens can produce lines about 8000 m long without replacing ink cartridge.
- The biggest amount of writing tools for sets are produced in China.
WoWPencils carefully chooses each fact, so that maybe interesting facts might promote you to create something brand new and unusual.
Sets with pens and pencils are really different, and in fact, no one knows exactly how many brands there are in the world, not to mention how many tools. Thus, lots of potential users lose themselves when choosing the perfect product. Hopefully, all the above mentioned information will be useful and find the best solution for any purpose and any taste. Follow WoWPencils to learn more about stationery items and lots of interesting things.