Modern society becomes concerned about potential health risks for employees associated with prolonged sitting throughout the working day. This has caused an emerge of standing desks and chairs for office workers. A standing stool is quite a new product that allows switching between sitting and standing. A good invention to stay active all day long!
Choosing the best standing desk chair can be difficult since a number of factors should be taken into consideration. More than 35 hours have been spent to compile this post. Hundreds of models and customers’ feedback have been reviewed to select the top 10 chairs. Scroll down to see the result!
Top 9 Standing Desk Chairs Brands
Smugdesk Tall Office Chair with Foot Ring
This office chair from Smugdesk features an awesome design that is extremely comfortable. Its seat imitates a natural curve of the spine and provides additional lumbar support.
The height of the chair can be adjusted from 25.2’’ to 33.9’’. Its padded armrests and a foot ring can also be lowered or raised to fit your body.
The chair has a reinforced mesh back, which is breathable and provides proper air ventilation. It comes with sturdy 5-claw legs and can swivel 360°. This helps users to move fast between various working areas.
- An ergonomic design prevents muscle fatigue
- The components are adjustable
- The nylon cover is durable
- The soft casters move quietly and smoothly and protect the floor
- A swivel construction
- The cushioned seat is of high density
- The foot ring doesn’t stay up at the place
- Suitable for tall desks
- Includes plastic parts that may break
Flash Furniture Ergonomic Drafting Chair
This tall chair is an ideal variant for drafting tables, high sit-to-stand desks, and other surfaces that are above standard height.
It features a transparent mesh backrest with integrated lumbar support to prevent the back strain. The seat is padded with foam, and its waterfall edge relieves pressure and promotes the enhanced blood flow to the legs. The seat is pneumatic, and its height can be adjusted with a lever.
The soft armrests are ready to take pressure off your back and shoulders and can be raised out of the way. The chrome foot ring is moved up and down for the “sweet position.”
- Provides air circulation, which is nice for a hot summer
- A stylish design with a swivel seat
- Dual chair wheels for stability
- A heavy-duty nylon seat cover
- Overall body support (for the spine, legs, neck, and elbows)
- For employees with a high working surface
- The armrests should be lifted often since they bump into same level desks
DRAGONN Kneeling Adjustable Home Stool
This kneeling chair has an ergonomic design that will allow you to find the best position for work. Its seat cushion is angled at 90°. This helps distribute the weight of the body evenly and keep the back in the upright position. The height of the chair is adjustable and ranges from 21’’ to 28’’.
It is equipped with comfortable faux leather cushions for daily comfort. With 4 front-locking wheels, you can move around the office like with a regular chair.
The stool has a solid construction due to the metal base that never breaks. It can easily hold up to 250 lbs.
- Has a functional design
- A heavy-duty and sturdy construction
- A modern and sleek appearance
- The thick pads are very comfortable
- The knees may hurt and require repositioning
- Tall people have to bend their feet backwards
Ergo Impact Leanrite™ Standing Desk Chair
This multi-award-winning stool is an awesome solution engineered by Ergo Impact for people working at standing workstations. It is used for sitting, standing, and leaning and highly recommended by ergonomists.
The chair has a stable construction. Its solid aluminum structure, polyurethane wheels, and quality pneumatics can support up to 270 lbs. It is height-adjustable, and its seat can be positioned at various angles (15°, 45°, and 90°).
It comes with a fatigue-free mat platform for more comfort during work.
- Approved by orthopedic surgeons
- A sturdy and modern design
- Comes with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee
- Offers multiple heights and positions
- Excellent customer support
- Cannot be used as a sitting chair for regular office work
- For people who are 5’0’’-6’4’’ tall (152-193 cm)
- Offers no rest for the back
Flexispot® Deskcise Pro Exercise Chair
This exercise chair is a good way to stay active during work and improve both your health and productivity performing your daily routine tasks. The device is multifunctional and can be used for biking, siting, and standing.
It has a spacious tabletop that allows you to accommodate a laptop or books. The desk can be moved up and down, forward and backward with a lever to fit your needs. The seat is height-adjustable and well-cushioned with high-density foam.
The bike is equipped with 8 resistance levels to interchange light sporting activity and hard workouts. There are 4 easy-rolling casters to help you move the tool around the room.
- A large and movable desktop
- The pedaling is quiet
- An adjustable seat
- Various resistance levels
- The seat is wider than that of a bike
- More suitable for average and short persons
- Requires 2 batteries to work
Modway Veer Drafting Chair for Office
This drafting chair couples well with a standing desk, especially when the latter comes with a fixed height. This model features a padded waterfall seat, which is height-adjustable from 21.5’’ to 29.5’’. This can easily be done with a one-touch pneumatic lift. The mesh back offers both good lumbar support and air ventilation. Its armrests are also cushioned and can be repositioned.
The chair is equipped with a convenient foot ring. It rotates 360° and comes with 5 wheels that glide around a carpeted floor with no noise.
- A sturdy construction able to hold 330 lbs.
- Available in assorted colors
- The breathable back is form-fitted
- Offers easy adjustments
- A modern and sleek design
- The assembly instructions are misleading
- The backrest is positioned too far forward
- The seat cushion is uncomfortable
Seville Classics Airlift® 360 Adjustable Stool
This stool looks like a half-dome cushion covered with a mesh fabric and fixed on a round non-slip base. The construction is very comfortable and suitable for an active lifestyle.
The seat rotates 360° and leans to 10° in any direction from the center letting users tilt, spin, and wobble. Unstable sitting encourages people to move in order to keep their balance. These micro-movements help burn calories and build muscles while you are sitting. Its height is easily regulated from 20’’ to 28’’ with the help of a pneumatic lever.
- A solid construction supports up to 250 lbs.
- Active sitting trains your back and leg muscles
- The non-slip rubberized bottom adds stability on a smooth surface
- Covered by a breathable fabric
- A contemporary design
- Not suitable for regular office work
- Tall people should test it before buying
Winsome Spectrum Swivel Standing Stool
This standing stool from Winsome features a modern design and can be used for multiple purposes (in bars, studios, or in a kitchen). It has a contoured seat covered with a faux-leather cushion. The curved shape provides better back support. Its height can be adjusted from 24.8’’ to 33.1’’ due to a pneumatic control with a handle on the right side of the chair.
The chrome-plated foot holds the seat and includes an open loop footrest. The stool is swivel. Its construction is stable and able to support up to 200 lbs.
- The price is attractive
- The height mechanism works great
- Compact and suitable for rooms with limited space
- A stylish design
- A sturdy construction
- Easy to assemble
- The seat is hard and requires more padding
Boss Office Products (B16245-BK) Chair
The Boss Office stool is designed for commercial use and can be used in a range of settings (a photographer’s studio or a medical office). It includes a 4’’ thick seat cushion connected to a solid backrest that imitates the spine shape. They are covered by antimicrobial vinyl, which is easy to clean.
The seat can be lifted by a height adjustment lever from 28’’ to 34’’. Its metal base is chrome-plated and looks very sleek. The circular foot ring provides support for your feet and legs or can be removed if necessary.
The chair can be maneuvered in any direction thanks to 5-claw wheels.
- Easy to maintain
- A comfortable seat with good padding
- Available in various colors
- The back depth can be adjusted
- A durable construction able to support 275 lbs.
- Has hooded casters for mobility
- The thick seat may deform over time
|Chairman||25” x 19” x 40”- 50”||35.8 lbs.||Black|
Chairman Standing Chair with Flip-Up Arms
This unique model breaks the stereotype of back-tilt chairs and is engineered with a forward-tilt function. The 0°-15° angle position is lockable and offers the increased comfort during work.
The chair features a padded contoured seat with a rounded edge that promotes better blood flow to your back and legs. It comes with flip-up arms, and its height can also be customized with a pneumatic lever.
The chair is swivel and rotates 360°. It has easy-rolling wheels with an automatic brake.
- An ergonomic design
- The forward-tilt function reduces the pressure on the abdomen
- The chair can be transformed into an armless one
- A ventilated and skin-friendly material
- A strong construction that supports 350 lbs.
- The PU wheels are noiseless and minimize floor scratches
- Has no foot support
- The chair doesn’t allow you to change its position while it holds weight
How to Choose Best Standing Desk Chair?
Standing chairs are very popular. Unfortunately, some models that are now manufactured are just fashionable stools with no benefits for your health. This guide will help you avoid typical customers’ mistakes when buying a chair.
You may consider buying any of the reviewed models since they meet most of these requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
Now, you are informed about the characteristics of the best tall standing chairs. If you have more questions in mind, see these FAQs that will help you systematize your knowledge.
What Is Standing Desk Chair?
A standing desk chair (or stool) is a type of seat that allows users to rest in a position between standing and sitting. By changing positions, they can stay active 💪 and mobile during a working day. Nowadays, this kind of furniture is gaining popularity due to a number of advantages and health benefits.
Types of These Chairs
Among a variety of standing desk stools, you can choose the type regarding the peculiarities of your work 💼 and your personal preferences:
- A drafting chair is designed for a fixed high working surface like a reception or a counter. It is used for sitting but requires a minimum of movements to begin standing.
- A leaning chair is developed for users who rest in a position between standing and sitting. You can lean back on it to take the weight off your lower body.
- An active sitting chair encourages users to move while they sit. It includes no armrest and backrest and makes you move to stabilize yourself on the seat.
These are the most typical types, but you can come across with other variations that may not look like traditional chairs (for example, a yoga ball or a kneeling chair).
How to Use Leaning Chair?
Some customers complain that their leaning chair is not comfortable. This comes from the fact that people don’t use it correctly. First, angle the seat forward and release a lever that adjusts the height to make it comfortable. Lean back and spread a part of your weight against the seat.
The position with your feet at 90° angle 📐 to your legs gives additional rest because this can be tiring to keep the feet extended against the floor all the time.
Keep in mind that these chairs cannot be used for continuous leaning or standing. This is something in-between. This explains the fact why leaning seats don’t come with lots of padding.
Is Standing Desk Chair Good for Health?
Employees who sit 8 hours in a row with poor posture are at a risk group to acquire back pain, fatigue, headaches, poor blood circulation, and misalignment of the spine and knees.
Using a standing desk encourages people to spend more time standing than sitting. This combination is beneficial for the cardiovascular system and increases productivity 📈 to 50%. With less discomfort in their bodies and diminished pressure in the lower back, workers tend to increase their mental focus. Frequent posture changes help avoid back pains and burn calories.
Where to Buy 🛒 Good Standing Desk Chair?
The demand for tall chairs is growing, and the market is flooded with a variety of new functional models. You may visit IKEA or purchase it in large furniture stores, but the easiest way will be to order it online.
To buy the stool you need, find the official website of the manufacturer and make an online purchase. The reviewed models are also sold via Amazon and multiple online stores like Walmart, Costco, Best Buy, and many others.
If you use your chair 8-12 hours a day, it must be a very good product. If you are confused about which model to choose, this list of chairs is a good starting point to hunt for a new stool.
Numerous studies prove that incorporating sitting and standing postures is very healthy. With this helpful guide, finding the best chair will not be a challenge anymore.
- The Benefits of Using a Standing Desk – https://health.usnews.com/
- SmugChair Ergonomic Mid Back Tall Drafting Chair – https://smugdesk.net/
- Flash Furniture BL-X-5M-D-GG – https://www.flashfurniture.com/
- Leanrite™ Standing Desk Chair (LRE100) – https://www.ergoimpact.com/
- All-in-One Desk Bikes – Deskcise Pro – https://flexispot.com/
- Veer Drafting Chair in Black – https://www.modway.com/
- Airlift® 360 Sit-Stand Adjustable Ergonomic Active Balance Stool, Black – https://www.sevilleclassics.com/
- Spectrum Set of 2, Adjustable Air Lift Stool, Black Faux Leather, RTA – http://winsomewood.com/
- Boss Be Well Medical Spa Professional Adjustable Drafting Stool – http://boss-chair.com/