Perhaps you are reading this article because you are looking for an equivalent to your previous calculator. However, you may be in search of your first device to deal with, too. Whatever the reason, be sure that these two appliances are worth your attention since they had been carefully examined for 48 hours before this review was written.
Comparison Table: Casio fx-9860GII vs TI-84 Plus CE
Before we jump to observing each product individually and then the difference between them, you may need some introduction about what exact features they have. That’s why I’ve collected all the necessary information in this table so now you can look through it.
Key Features of Casio fx-9860GII
If you are looking for a simple calculating device that can help you in school or college, there shouldn’t be any doubts about the Casio fx-9860GII. The body of the calculator is pretty compact, and its shape allows sitting in a hand comfortably. Besides, all the buttons have their own understandable names, and some of them feature icons, so every user will never be confused.
The processing speed is quite decent, which allows showing the answer as well as building the graphs immediately, no matter what kind of input data is. Besides, the device comes with pre-installed applications that widen the scope of functionality. In particular, it solves various tasks and equations that may appear not only while studying but also while working.
The calculator is equipped with a monochrome display, but it is with the backlight. Thus, all the digits are well seen.
- Ergonomic shape
- Easy-to-read buttons with icons
- High-resolution 2.97 inches monochrome display with the backlight
- The display is a natural textbook
- More than 200 hours of battery life
- The function of adjusting the input data
- USB connectivity with a computer, Casio projectors and calculators
- The function of calculating “X=” equations
In order to sum up all the information about this device, you may need to see all its strong and weak points. So here they are.
- Easier solving of equations
- It usually doesn’t require prior studying of the guide
- It’s easy to read all the data on the display
- Variety of functions
- It covers almost all the school and college needs
- It’s low on memory
Key Features of TI-84 Plus CE
The first visible detail of the TI-84 Plus CE that attracts a potential user is its color display. This feature allows customizing the graphs so they won’t be similar if you need to read a few of them simultaneously.
Its functionality is quite broad, so any user won’t have any difficulties in solving particular equations or building graphs from scratch. Besides, the prompt icons and names of buttons will make operating it easier.
The great advantage is its rechargeable battery, the level of which can be tracked on the display. The second thing that adds value to this device is its memory that allows installing various applications to increase its functionality significantly.
- It’s light and thin
- It is equipped with a high-resolution vibrant color display
- Rechargeable battery
- It’s available in lots of attractive color solutions
- MathPrint™ feature
Take a look at the whole picture of what other people think about this device. In particular, there is a collection of advantages and disadvantages from the consumers’ point of view.
- The software works correctly
- When charging, it’s easy to track its status thanks to the indicator light on the body
- Large memory capacity that allows the device to perform tasks very quickly
- The battery life is super long
- The battery takes a long time to fully charge
- The buttons require pressing on them hard; otherwise, the device won’t register
So, What Is the Difference Between Them?
As you might have already guessed, these two calculating devices are not the same. Indeed, only by comparing the Casio vs TI graphing calculators, all the differences can be clearly seen. So, with regard to the Casio device, it’s pretty powerful, comfortable to hold and use, it connects to computers, other units, and even Casio projectors, and it doesn’t require downloading the special applications for particular functions from scratch, while the TI-84 Plus CE does.
Meanwhile, the TI calculator has a color display, a rechargeable battery, large memory capacity, and it’s available in multiple color solutions, so every potential user can choose according to their preferences.
Are the Casio and TI Graphing Calculators Right for You?
Taking into account all the above-mentioned information, there are a few recommendations. First of all, if you value simplicity in use and fast performance while the appearance is not a big deal for you, then the Casio fx-9860GII is a great option for you. Secondly, if you are an advanced user, your specialty requires more functionality, and you deal with a lot of input data, then it’s highly likely that the TI-84 Plus CE matches your requirements. However, if you are looking for a device that should be permitted on a particular exam, then be sure to check this information before you purchase it.
As always, the article was written by me – Yuliya Skryp, and if you like it, don’t forget to share it with your friends on social media and subscribe to my accounts.
- fx-9860GII /9860GII SD Graphing Сalculator Overview – https://edu.casio.com/
- TI-84 Plus CE Graphing Calculator Overview – https://education.ti.com/
- My TI-84 Plus CE after 5 Years Review – https://www.youtube.com/
- Casio Graphical Calculators: Basics (fx-9860GII, CG-20, CG50) – https://www.youtube.com/